A taste of the sea
A Mediterranean classic that always takes me back to the sea. With tangy feta and olives, refreshing cucumbers, sweet tomatoes, the crunch of bell pepper and onions, and a lift from red wine vinegar and lemon, all tossed in the best-quality olive oil you can find, this salad is all about balance.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 oz./56g block feta, diced [Sub half a (15 oz./400g) can chickpeas in place of the feta to make this vegan, or use vegan feta]
- 1 large (or 3 baby) cucumbers (11 oz./300g), sliced into discs and halved
- ⅔ cup/100g grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ⅓ cup/50g diced green bell pepper/capsicum
- ⅓ cup/50g thinly sliced red onion
- 8–10 Kalamata olives (1 ½ oz./40g), pitted and sliced
Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl.
Add feta and all the vegetables to the bowl and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.